Are you looking to brush up on your English idioms? English for Everyone: English Idioms can help you to understand the context and use of hundreds of native English expressions.
Take your practical English usage to the next level and build your confidence in spoken and written English by visually connecting the literal and idiomatic meaning of common English phrases such as, “on cloud nine”, “snowed under”, and many more.
With supporting audio available online, sample sentences throughout the book, collocations, and common mistakes to watch out for, English for Everyone: English Idioms can help you confidently progress your English language from advanced to fluent in both social and business environments.
About English For Everyone
English for Everyone is a series of guides and practice books that support English learning for teenagers and adults from a beginner level, to intermediate, and advanced practical English. Offering a fun and easy-to-follow format that offers guidance for both teaching English as a foreign language, and a self-study approach with resources available to improve English speaking, reading, and writing.
Whether you are looking for ESL teaching resources, or a structured program for adults to learn English as a second language, the English for Everyone Series provides:
- Sample language examples: New language topics are introduced in context using clear, illustrated, and color-coded explanations
- Supporting audio: Extensive English-speaking audio materials integrated into every unit, giving vital oral and listening practice. (All supplementary audio is available on the DK English for Everyone website and IOS/Android App).
- Quick referencing: Easy-to-follow units for easy referencing and teaching
- Sentence formation guides: Visual break downs of essential English grammar for beginners, showing learners how to recreate even complex English sentences
- Visual English vocabulary cues: Lists of useful English words and common phrases with visual aids are available throughout the book
The English for Everyone Series covers the skills and topics required for all major global English-language exams and reference frameworks including: